Wednesday 23 December 2015

Apology

So sorry I've been off the blog for a few days. I'm a bit up and down and the whole Christmas thing is quite hard. I am, however, posting some pictures and thoughts on Facebook. Oddly, I find there is less pressure there. (The pressure all comes from the mazy corridors of my own mind. And is quite absurd.) Here, I have an ridiculous notion that I have to give you some decent prose and a sort of story and some kind of proper thought. The lovely thing about Facebook is that I can write two lines and put up a nice horse or dog picture and my work is done. So I'm putting up a link to that page until I'm back in the saddle again.

I miss my mother a lot. I'm finding the first Christmas without her hard. I know that many of you know exactly what this is like.

There was a very sweet moment on Tuesday when I took the presents up for my extended family - two grown-ups and four small children and one old friend who has been a part of our family for twenty years. The sun was shining and when I got there the oldest of the children was making gingerbread Christmas trees. For a moment, everything was better.

I even took a photograph of the package -




Link to the Facebook page is here:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153807114133210&set=a.487005103209.290563.615758209&type=3&theater&notif_t=like


3 comments:

  1. Christmas will be hard for you this year I know but I hope you can find moments of magic in amongst the sadness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Holidays can be so difficult Best wishes

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you this Christmas, hoping you find peace with your lovely family, thanks for all your beautiful writing and images, Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Your comments give me great delight, so please do leave one.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin