Monday 26 August 2013

The day in pictures.

A lovely, gentle Bank Holiday.

I had a rest, backed three winners, watched Mr Patrick Mullins give the glorious Beacon Lady one of the sweetest and most sympathetic rides I’ve ever seen on a racecourse (tactically astute too), hung out with my mare, played with my dog, and generally did bugger all. The sun shone all day long, and is still dappling golden over the line of beeches outside my window.

This is what it looked like:

26 Aug 1

26 Aug 2

26 Aug 3

26 Aug 4

Red got a damn good groom this evening. She adores being brushed, and goes into a sort of hazy trance of pleasure. As you can see:

26 Aug 6

With her small friend:

26 Aug 10

Love this one, even though it is slightly out of focus:

26 Aug 12

Stanley was not quite manly enough to go into the burn. Turns out he is not a water dog:

26 Aug 20

His friends had no such qualms:

26 Aug 21

One last one of my dozy beloved. When she is like this, I’m not sure I ever saw a horse so at ease with herself and the green world:

26 Aug 30

This picture is slightly blurry too, but I like the timeless effect it gives, as if it could have been taken some time in the early 1960s.

Hope you all had a very happy Bank Holiday.

1 comment:

  1. I love that last photo, with her chin relaxed and dreaming. Your day sounded ideal, both for you and for the animals. The dog pictures make me laugh - my own dear Cora would have laid down in the water.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments give me great delight, so please do leave one.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin