Sunday 19 June 2011

Bonus Post: if you do one thing today

Posted by Tania Kindersley.

Listen to this astonishing radio play about Richard II on the BBC iPlayer. You can find it here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b011tw7v/Classic_Serial_Plantagenet_Series_2_Richard_II_And_All_Our_Dreams_Will_End_in_Death/

I quite often find radio plays rather pedestrian and disappointing, but Radios Three and Four have been doing a quiet run of blinding brilliance recently. I’m not sure why everyone is not shouting it from the rooftops. Also, I am not sure why Patrick Kennedy, the young actor playing Richard II, is not a huge star. He has one of the most beautiful voices for radio I have ever heard.

As always, apologies to those of you who cannot access the iPlayer, but for those of you who can, enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments give me great delight, so please do leave one.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin