Thursday 16 December 2010

Bonus Post: Wow, wow, wow, WOW

Posted by Tania Kindersley.

I'm not sure if I actually have moments where I think that politics could not get any weirder, but if I did, this would be the refutation. Republicans are attempting to refuse to pass the START Treaty (about which I have been banging on for some time) because it would be disrespectful to Christians. It's Christmas, see? You can't go passing bills that would protect the world from nuclear weapons when we should all be thinking about the birth of Jesus.

At which point: my head explodes.

Rachel Maddow, whom I love more with each passing day, explains it here, with, considering the madness, an amazing amount of good humour. Also, I should give Senator John Kerry an honourable mention, as he is offered an opportunity to bash his opponents, and rather elegantly refuses to take it.

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments give me great delight, so please do leave one.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin