Wednesday 11 August 2010

More weather

Posted by Tania Kindersley.

We have a severe weather warning out for Grampian. I must batten down the hatches. I fear for my delphiniums. I try not to be dull about this, but I do sometimes wonder where the summer is. Luckily we get magnificent springs and autumns, so I must remember that and not complain. (When I think of the flooding in Pakistan I think I can never complain about anything ever again.)

I was going to write a whole thing about feminism and left and right and all kinds, but I seem to have spent most of the day killing wasps, and the carnage has left my brain addled and good for nothing. I ended up playing about with my camera and the newly discovered photographic software instead. Here are some digitally altered shots for you:

London:

Royal Academy and London 048

27th November 001

In the park 061

Royal Academy and London 063

Morecambe Bay:

London and driving home 021 

London and driving home 023

Obligatory flowers:

P6223228

dogs garden April 25th 085

Interiors:

Sunday January 10th 003

P5240629

Bookshelves 027

Random green things:

May 3rd 005

The Blue Hill

May 3rd 012

Back to au naturel tomorrow, I suspect.

3 comments:

  1. I ADORE the stripey shots of Morecombe Bay. I literally sat here, all alone at the computer, and said "Wow!" to the screen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you please share with us the photo manipulation software you're using?
    You've got me all inspired to manipulate something of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She Means Well - how lovely and kind you are. I'm so glad. I rather love the Morecambe Bay shots too. The second one, in particular, was quite dull and unsatisfactory, with some ugly yellow vans in the background. I bleached out the distance, and upped the colours a bit, and that ended up with the wonderful singing stripes. It was all trial and error, really.

    To answer your question: I use Picasa, which you can download for free from the internets. It has its drawbacks, and I dare say if I were more tech savvy I might find a superior software. The most annoying is that I find its filing sysem maddening - although that might be me being stupid. Also, I wish they had a vintage function, which they do not. Basically, once you have it, go to Tuning, and there you can increase shadows, highlighting, and fill light. I find that just by increasing the shadows on a boring picture, I can make the thing spring to life. It's quite an extraordinary effect. I hope you have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments give me great delight, so please do leave one.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin