Sunday 28 February 2010

The dullness of received opinion

Posted by Tania Kindersley.

I am so staggeringly bored by people saying how boring Henry Moore's art is. It is such a shallow, glib criticism. Sing another song, boys and girls, because this one has grown old and bitter.

I am not an art expert. I think Henry Moore created many objects of beauty. So sue me.

Here is the picture of the day, in honour of Hank:

Henry Moore reclining

And one more, just in case you are not bored enough:

Henry Moore thumb

2 comments:

  1. I saw an exhibition of his work at a botanical garden last autumn. Believe me, it was anything but boring!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely agree with you, I love his work and find it anything but dull... London is covered in posters for a Henry Moore exhibition at the Tate - 24th Feb to 8th Aug

    ReplyDelete

Your comments give me great delight, so please do leave one.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin